6.09.2010

Execute


"We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Actions always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."
                                                                                            Frank Tibolt
  • I don't have the time right now.
  • I don't have the financial resources.
  • I am not sure how to market my idea.
  • Some day I am going to . . .
I spent a good portion of this past weekend cleaning out my koi pond, buying some fish and getting it prepared for the landscaping. I added three beautiful new koi and a week later I can hardlly see them due to the algae that is growing inside the pond. The combination of warm weather and still water provided a perfect environment for the algae to grow.

What is the problem? There is not a sufficient amount of activity (movement of water) to sustain life in the pond (yes the fish have survived). Our dreams and ambitions can fall prey to the same malady - inactivity. Our lives become comfortable, dormant and sedentary then undesireable characteristics start to grow. We begin to grow complacent, doubts creep into our mind and it just becomes easier to do nothing.

The answer is pretty simple - execute your dreams, start something good today. Maybe its the exercise program you were considering, or taking the first steps in initiating a new project, or maybe that book you want to write. The longer you sit there, the greater the risk of weeds taking over your garden or worse, complacency taking over you life.

2 comments:

Dale's Spot said...

You're "in the zone" lately!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yes! I have allowed complacency into my life. I didn't see it coming, I didn't know it was there. It has been there so long, that I have allowed bad habits to creep in and join it.

You are right, we only have today!