4.13.2010

Investing in me.

Yesterday I waded through the investment opportunities for my 401K retirement plan.  I haven't always been the best at putting away for a rainy day, but being 50 allows me to contribute make-up investments each year.

As I thought about investing, how much I could afford to live without to fund my retirement and the implications of an expanding government; it all brought me back to a basic concept - we are all investing in ourselves. Each and every day we make contributions to the kind of men and women we are going to be in the future.

As I sat at breakfast I went through my morning ritual of making a list for the day (if I don't, I get sidetracked). This morning, as I looked it over I had to ask myself if this was just another list, or would I pursue it like a predator after it's prey.

So just for today, I am going to invest in me. I am going to read something uplifting, spend a little time in meditation and prayer, accomplish some things on my list so when night falls I plan to enter into the sweet sleep of a person who took advantage of the day God has given him.

1 comment:

Ted said...

Excellent thoughts and the way to begin a new day.