7.15.2010

Standing up for our principles

Two items came to my attention today that made me wince and decide that I need to do more than sit on the sidelines and cry foul. The first was a newsletter from the Association of Fundraising Professionals. I have been a member for over a decade and watched as the organization has grown more and more progressive in their agenda. There are certainly perks to membership (training, professional designations, and networking), but I had to decide if I was comfortable with my dues going to pay for social engineering that violates my value system. The answer is a resounding NO! Their promotion of the Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual and Transgender agenda is not something I want to be even remotely connected with.

The second item was a news article a friend posted on Facebook. It seems that despite all the promises that no Federal dollars would be used to fund abortion, our government is sending $160 million to PA for a high risk insurance pool that will include Federal Funding of abortion. I am not surprised by the lies and deciet, but I also realize it is time to do something. Before the end of the day tomorrow, I will make calls, send emails and insure that my voice is heard. I will put it on my Twitter account, Facebook and help spread the word.

So who will join me and stand up for what they believe in? Let's restore order, decency and godly principles to our nation.

No comments: