1.15.2010

It's Time to Begin


"I said to myself, I have things in my head that are not like what anyone has taught me - shapes and ideas so near to me - so natural to my way of being and thinking that it hasn't occurred to me to put them down. I decided to start anew, to strip away what I had been taught." Georgia O'Keefe

What is it that makes you unique? What sets you apart from the world? Have you buried the gifts that God has given you? I believe there is greatness and splendor in everyone. Our gift to the world is crying out to be freed and shared with everyone around us.

This week millions of people tuned into American Idol - not to be entertained, but down at the core of our being we see ourselves on a national stage. We too want to contribute something amazing to the world we live in. Why do we revel in the achievements of a Susan Boyle or a Paul Potts? They represent you and me.

Long before they were celebrities they were sweeping out the back rooms of office buildings, or feeling scorned because they didn't have the latest Coach purse. We love them because of their courage, their willingness to risk humiliation and failure to live their dream.

What are you waiting for? There is greatness in each of us. We were created in the image and likeness of God, we are endowed by our creator with unlimited potential, we have in the very core of our DNA something special to share with the world.

It's time to begin!

No comments: