9.20.2010

Monday, Monday

I woke up this morning feeling very drained. I was already emotionally spent from the weekend with so much going on. I clearly have too many irons in the fire and too many projects to complete - at work and home. At first I thought it was just me having a tough day, then I read the feeds on some of my friend's Facebook profiles and realized I wasn't the only one.
  • "When you recieve news that is just overwhelming, the only place you can go is to your knees."
  • "...another day where life is kicking me in the teeth."
  • "Sometimes I wish I could have done things differently but stuff happens and I'm still here."
  • "I had a very long talk with myself and it didn't end well."
  • "HELP!!!!!"
It reminds me of that classic CCR song, "I see the bad moon rising, I see trouble on the way, I see earthquakes and lighting, I see bad times today." Sometimes life just sucks. You can't put a happy spin on what is going on. Trying to work through the day, or even the next hour feels like you are wading through wet cement.

I am an optimistic guy. I always think that tomorrow is going to be a better day, that I am going to make the best out of what I have today, but even I can't escape the realities of life sometimes. There are days I just want to escape to some exotic destination where the sun always shines and life is simple. Other times I want to turn around and punch life right back in the face.

So spare me the platitudes! Don't try to make me feel better. I know it all turns our right in the end, but right now I am stuck in the middle. Today I will muddle through the mire and muck. I'm content to survive and fight another day. I am putting my optimism on the shelf for a little while, (and for all my friends who think I am a little too Pollyanna at times), I am going to endulge myself and remain ticked off at the world for a little while longer.

3 comments:

Eric said...

More lyrics:
you think I'd crumble
you think I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not I
I will survive
as long as i know how to love
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
and I'll survive
I will survive

Trent Wheeler said...

Awesome song. Everytime I hear that now, I think of the jail scene in "The Replacements."

Thanks, that brought a smile.

Eric said...

Hahaahh!

Glad I could bring some joy to your Monday!