2.12.2013

February 12

It's Tuesday, February 12, 2013!

So what is so special about February 12, 2013 - only the fact that it is now over half gone and you will never get it back. The time you spent watching the morning news, or creeping on your friends on Facebook has slipped by almost inperceptably.  The five minutes you sat at your desk just wondering, "what should I do first?" Gone, all of it is gone and you can't recover it.

Think about other opportunities in your life that may come only once. Some of the guys who played in the 2013 Super Bowl may never get there again. They got one shot at it and it may be their last. For me, spending two days in London, or climbing Oluma Rock in Nigeria, or the last time I got to tell my mom how much I loved her. Some things in life we approach with an awareness of finality - we know we may never cross that path again.

What if you approach each day understanding that it is the last time you will pass that milestone in your life. The last 02/12/2013 you will ever see! What are you going to do with it?

One of my pet peeves in life is hearing people wish their life away. "I can't wait till Friday and the weekend, or I can't wait till June and our family vacation." I understand there is a sense of expectation as special events approach in our lives, but why do we trade the treasure that is today, for the uncertainty of tomorrow.

So its February 12, 2013! You have roughly 10 hours left and it will be gone forever. Make those hours count. Call your mother. Take your kids out for ice cream. Write a new chapter in your own book of life.

No comments: