3.23.2010

Turn Right

Each decision you make today will take you closer to your goals or further from them. That is not particularly profound, but it is true. When I get up each morning, I go through a simple exercise - I make a list of things I need to accomplish that will take me closer to my goals.

Each day is filled with decisions that will take you closer to where we want to be or farther from your dreams. Do I turn right, or left when I come to a fork in the road? Let me give you a simple example from this week. About a week ago I bought a couple of Kit Kat candy bars. I ate one and left the other in the fridge at work. Over the weekend I decided it was time to get serious about my eating habits and get back to the gym. This morning I went to the fridge to get a bottled water (that I spike with Hydroxycut) and staring at me was the abandoned Kit Kat bar. A simple decision right - eat it and move further from my goals, give it to a co-worker and move closer to my goals (not that it helped their diet any). Fortunately I also had 100 calorie Slim Fast bars in my drawer making my decision easier.

Making a series of small, but RIGHT decisions makes an impact. Here is a list of decisions I made this week to move closer to some of my goals:
  1. I opened an Amazon resllers account so I can sell some old books gathering dust (made $32.50 the first day). I also plan to sell fundraising guides designed for the Kindle Reader.
  2. I added three new books to my personal development list to read and started the first one.
  3. I ordered P90X to suppliment my workouts (or as I  understand - it becomes the workout).
  4. I didn't eat that candy bar today and gave it away so I wouldn't be tempted.
  5. After this blog I will return to writing the first fundraising guide designed for high school bands, sports teams, or any agency needing to raise a few hundred to a few thousand dollars (as a group or individually).
How about you? Are your decisions moving you closer, or further from your goals.

No comments: