11.20.2012

Who determines your destiny?

I recieved a stark reminder this year that we still live in the greatest nation in the world. Yes, I have been perturbed about the election, the infringement of our constitutional rights and the growing debt burden that is facing America. Still, this is a land of opportunity and optimism. Let us not forget that almost half our nation (probably more) still holds to traditional, conservative, entreprenuerial values.

In April of this year I realized that I had become a slacker. I wasn't eating right and I had become old, fat and tired. I lost my motivation and it was even impacting my work (no energy). Now for the commercial. I changed my habits, started eating right and yes, for those of you tired of hearing it - I signed up with Advocare. I lost 43 lbs and feel great, energetic and best of all I am the old optimist I used to be.

In addition I needed to earn more income. I was behind on my retirement planning and with two girls in school I had to find a way to help fund their education. I always avoided direct sales, but this time I gave it a try and in a few short months finding another $1,000 a month made a huge difference in the bottom line.

So are you the person who cries in your coffee, or do you do something about the circumstances in your life while you still can. Get up, get active and get on the success train.

No comments: