6.19.2012

Why Can't that be Me?


Have you ever sat and watched the infomercials on television where the people lost 50 lbs and looked 20 years younger and asked - "Why Can't that be Me?" I have more than once! I have also read hundreds of motivational books, how to get rich articles and purchased everything from Carlton Sheets "No Money Down," Bill Phillips "Body for Life," and John Commutta's "Transforming Debt into Wealth."

I have ridden that roller coaster up and down through success and failure most of my life, but the recent transformation I made with my health and fitness taught me two very important lessons:

  1. As I look at my life it has been a steady, gradual, upward climb. In other words despite the peaks and valleys, I have been moving in the right directions. Sometimes it serves us well to look back over the long-term and see the progress we have made.
  2. Every weight loss system, success program or financial counseling book I have read all have a common theme - "commitment to a process." Every year as I neared my birthday I made resolutions (yes, I make mine in April, not January). I was going to get fit and healthy, earn more, pay off debt - yada, yada, yada! But I had trouble keeping my commitment to self-improvement.
Why can't that be me? It can! There are very few valid excuses for not reaching your personal goals. We have a world of information at our fingertips. When I decided to get healthy, I studied multiple programs and settled on Advocare for two reasons: 1) I had seen first hand the program work for others; 2) Almost all the research I did gave the company high marks. Most importantly, I did my homework. I studied health and fitness and became educated about how my body functions and was committed to breaking my bad habits.

Do you want to lose weight? Do you want to transform your income? Maybe you just want to learn to play the guitar, or have the most beautiful lawn on the block. All this and more is achievable and the information is at your fingertips. My son taught himself guitar at Mahalo.com, I learned about fitness by downloading a number of books to my Kindle Reader and by reading the blogs of fitness experts.

NO EXCUSES - you want to succeed: Commit, Learn and get up and DO something about it.

No comments: